Wednesday, January 12, 2011

School Leadership

Capitol University
Cagayan de Oro  City

Professor:      Olga Alonsabe, Ph.D.
Student :       Linda D. Saab
Subject :        Management of School Leadership
Date  Assigned:  January 8,2011

Principal as a Leader and Manager
          It has been said that managers are made leaders emerge. The principal ,a leader and a manager needs emotional intelligence to excite people  to innovate and  to constantly change for the better.   She motivates people to  create a vision and goals that influence others to share that vision like the vision for quality education. She sets the direction to plan and implement to align people with vision and  promote change . In my second day of office I called for a meeting and workshop conference .The objective is to craft the vision / mission and the core values .In the light of crafting core values it creates opportunities to think of ways to innovate and improve the priority concern of the school like academic performance and physical improvement of front fence in the school. Internal stakeholders accepted the challenge to  influence to empower others like the external stake holders to work on causes. The front  will be gradually changed to concrete one. 
Some   organizational rules were discussed  and made some changes to  create opportunities for others to experience the assignment. Organizational structure such as the Bedding and Awards Committee (BAC) and the organization of officers among teachers. As a manager I also emphasize system structure and corresponding  action on the matter.
As a leader  I have to inspire  teachers, internal and external stakeholders  to raise funds for the school. In my new assignment the concern for the improvement of academic performance and development of physical aspect.   As manager I  plan,  budget implement of course  I have also  to abide with the existing rules and policies in the department. However ,I  favor  the ideals by guiding people to practical solutions  for a better output and work towards  harmony .  In my present assignment I understand that there’s a conflict between some parents and some teachers on financial matters so I will find a way for two groups to come to agreement through meeting or dialogue. If to assume only as a manager I may able to perpetuate group conflicts but have a difficulty coming up with innovative solutions. I have to control  implement  and manage resources/projects and  with deadlines.



No comments:

Post a Comment